AAP won Delhi Elections by offering Free Wi Fi / Water / Electricity etc.
Apparently , offering anything ” Free ” , works like a sure-fire strategy
In the past , various political parties have managed to ride home to power by offering , free,
* Mangal Sutra
* Laptops / Tablets
* Mixies / Bycycles…….etc
For the forthcoming elections in Bihar , what freebies can we expect to be promised ?
> From RJD / JDU / Congress etc :
* Free Education / Health Care / Roti – Kapada – Makaan / Transport / LPG ..etc
> From BJP ( only from BJP – being in power at the Centre ) :
* Total abolition of Personal Income Tax ?
Sure , Centre would lose revenue of ( approx ) Rs 3 lakh Crores
But look at the Up-Side :
* Those 8 Crore ( out of 11.5 Crore ) Bank Accounts opened under Jan Dhan Yojana , which have , currently ZERO balance , would suddenly swell with cumulative deposits of , Rs 30 lakh Crores !
Don’t ask , where the money came from ! Just let them spend ( or invest ) to expand the economy , by boosting Purchasing Power.
* Permanent solution to prevention of future generation of Black Money !
( By taking away incentive to hide any income ! )
* Elimination of ” Tax – Terrorism / Root of all corruption ”
* Save crores of Rupees thru dismantling of Personal Income Tax department.
* Centre will not need to beg Japan / Russia / China etc to bring in dollars to invest in Mega Cities / Rail Corridors / Sagar Mala ports / Highways / Airports / Power projects .. etc.
Of course , ” Experts of Economy ” will advance dozens of reasons , why this is a crazy and impractical idea
But then ,Economy of a country is too serious a matter to be left to the Economists!
A seemingly ” impossible ” thing gets done , simply because SOMEONE wants it done !
Shri Jaitley :
It is still not too late to Up the AAP !
hemen parekh / 12 Feb 2015